Instagram -->

Come and see me sometime on:

Monday 24 February 2014

Recipes - NO photos sorry

It's been my mission in life to provide food for the 5,000!  Anyway I have been making Coca Cola Brisket for years and I knew I'd heard of Coca Cola Chicken.  I was going to make Apricot Chicken but when I went to put the soup mix in I found it couldn't use it as the soup mixture had cheese in it and I forgot to get the right one (I am Kosher) so I needed a different recipe for chicken pieces.  So I thought I would share these three recipes with you as they are so yummy and so easy to make.

COCA-COLA BRISKET

has to be made the day before you need it

(SERVINGS 6-8)

3lb piece of the leanest Brisket you can buy
1 can of full fat Coke (NOT diet)
1/2 jar of Mango Chutney
  1. The Brisket has to be unrolled so if you get it rolled up just take the string off and unroll it
  2. Cut off as much of the fat as you can see cause you sure don't want this greasy 
  3. Get a large roasting pan (I use the tin foil throw away ones)
  4. Put the Brisket in the pan and spread the 1/2 jar of Mango Chutney over it
  5. Pour over the can of Coke
  6. Put in the oven at 150 degrees centigrade for 3 hours
  7. Let it cool down
  8. Take the cooked brisket out the pan leaving the juice in
  9. Slice the brisket as neatly as you can trying to leave it still in one piece
  10. I use a fish slice to put the brisket back in the pan
  11. Cover and put in the fridge overnight until you need it the next day
  12. Cook again for around an hour at 150 degrees centigrade

Apricot Chicken

(Servings 6-8 depending on how large the thighs are - Kosher ones are HUGE)

8-10 chicken pieces (I use chicken thighs)
3 cans of Apricots in LIGHT syrup (DO NOT get Apricots in juice because I won't work)
2 sachets of French Onion Soup


  1. Put 1/2 chicken pieces in large oven proof pan
  2. Pour over 1 can of Apricots
  3. Sprinkle over 1 packet of French Onion Soup
  4. Put other 1/2 of chicken pieces on top of first lot
  5. Sprinkle over other packet of French Onion Soup
  6. Pour over both other cans of Apricots
  7. Cook at 150 centigrade for around 3 hours
  8. 1/2 way through squidge down as much of the apricots as you can to make the sauce
  9. Take the chicken out and squidge down the rest of the apricots because they make a really yummy gravy/sauce




Coca-Cola Chicken

By 

Jamie Geller



I didn't know this was a standard recipe, known to cooks of many countries. I received it via my sister's friend, Jennie, all the way from Israel. I waited five years to get the precise measurements in this recipe, but it was worth it!

Servings

4 servings

Ingredients

  • 1 (10-ounce) bag chopped onions (or 2 large onions, sliced)
  • 1 chicken, about 3-1/2 pounds, cut into 8 pieces
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup Coca-Cola
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 cup apricot jam
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce

Directions


  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. Place onions in prepared pan.
  3. Rinse chicken and pat dry; arrange on top of onions.
  4. Season chicken with garlic powder.
  5. In a medium bowl, place Coca-Cola, ketchup, apricot jam and soy sauce, and mix well.
  6. Pour Coca-Cola mixture over chicken and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Serve warm.
See you soon
Patti xxx
American by birth and MOUTH
but British in every other way
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. They sound great. Thanks for sharing.

    How is your brother doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is equivalent in Farenheit for 150 Celsius?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's equal to around 325f. When I had a Fahrenheit oven I cooked practically everything at 350. Now I have a centigrade oven I cook practically everything at 150 but for a really long time. I have found that cooking at lower temperatures but for longer nothing ever dries out.

    Thanks for asking though.

    Sent from my iPhone

    On 25 Feb 2014, at 09:44, susan718 wrote:

    susan718 has left a new comment on your post "Recipes - NO photos sorry":

    What is equivalent in Farenheit for 150 Celsius?



    Posted by susan718 to A YANKEE IN QUEEN LIZ'S COURT at 25 February 2014 07:57

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE it when you leave a comment and I read each and every comment and try to reply to you all.
Patti xxx