Instagram -->

Come and see me sometime on:

Saturday 21 March 2015

I'm Baaaaaack

Hi

If you've gone I really understand why.  It's been 10 months since I last posted but I've got my mojo back now me thinks and it's all because of this quilt that I saw.

I sold my sewing machine last year because I was never going to sew again.  And for this reason I also sold my Acquilt machine but there is a very lovely patchwork store quite near to me that rents out their large Acquilt machine to people and I shall go and use their machine if I need to.

So I was never going to sew again.  Not anything.  Never again.  I was going to be a couch potato because I was so very depressed, although I didn't realise at the time.  The death of my brother really saw me go into the depths of depression.  I don't know why because we had never been close but still.

So here is my new sewing machine. For the first time I knew what I wanted.  A machine that just sewed - nothing fancy but I wanted it to thread itself really and this does.


So I have bought a new sewing machine which is sitting in it's box upstairs and has been for months.  Guess I was still depressed.  I decided to start cross stitching again with a vengeance but my thumb, of all things, has stopped me doing anything.  But it's going to be fixed on Monday (hopefully).  So everything will be a go again.

I do crazy things when I decide to stop doing anything.  When I decided 5 years ago to stop stitching I sold my overlocker which was also a Brother machine so I had to buy another one when I decided to start stitching again because I don't like raw edges and I really am a type A personality and everything has to be pretty perfect or I quit.  So I bought this again:


I told you a young lady in the States with 8 children and one husband gave me my mojo back because I really loved her quilt and this is it and it has everything about it that I love.  So I'm going to share a few photos of it.




So what do you think? I love it.  And shall start it as soon as darn thumb is fixed.  My thumb is a really weird trigger thumb insofar as it should be bent inwards towards my palm.  But is mine??? OH NO!!!  It's sticking straight up and hurts like anything if I try and bend it. So by next week everything will be up and running.  From my mouth to g-d's ears.  If not it will be by the week after when the very lovely surgeon I first saw will do a little tiny op on my thumb and make the darn thing work again.

Thank you so much for those of you that stayed with me over the past 10 months hearing nothing.

See you soon
Patti xxx
American by birth and MOUTH
but British in every other way
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. It's a lovely quilt. Glad it has inspired you to start anew! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much BillieBee - it is gorgeous malorgeous isn't it! Thanks for leaving me your comment too.
      Hugs
      Patti xxx

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you are back. Depression is such a suck on motivation and energy. I find having a quilt and purpose keeps me going on the bad days. May your mojo inspire you to get back in the quilting water and find joy again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna. Right now I'm watching on You Tube how to paper piece without having to tear off the paper. I'm really getting my mojo back.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beth. Much appreciated. Patti xxx

      Delete
  4. I understand. death -> depression -> no creativity My sister died just over a year ago. She was an alcoholic. I mourned losing the sister of my childhood. I put my sewing machine away, too, and my paper crafts. Recently, I made some greeting cards and am thinking about sewing. My creativity might be returning. I'm glad that you are ready to sew again, and I am hopeful that only good things will happen for you. We'll be here when you blog about what you have made and how you are feeling. It's a process. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry for your loss. Come on join me and sew - it's fun and takes your mind off of other things.
      Hugs
      Patti xxxx

      Delete
  5. My dear Patti, you are capable to both, stitching and sewing!! I love to see you back in the stitching world and noe in the patchwork world. I will enjoy following your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my old friend (not old in age just in the time we've been friends. It's so nice to be back I can't tell you.
      Hugs
      Patti xxx

      Delete
  6. Welcome back, no wonder you were inspired, those arrow borders are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are stunning aren't they. Soon I will start this one. Very soon. And thank you so much for your comment I really appreciate it.
      Hugs
      Patti xxx
      Patti xxx

      Delete

I absolutely LOVE it when you leave a comment and I read each and every comment and try to reply to you all.
Patti xxx