Instagram -->

Come and see me sometime on:

Saturday 25 April 2015

I'm all grown up

As you will see from the title of this blog I reckon I'm grown up. Maybe and maybe not.  But I have decided to go by my full name on here and my other blog anyway.  I like it.  I've been Patti since I was 10, Patricia before that and after 16 I became plain old Pat which I really don't like.  So what's this all got to do with quilting? Absolutely nothing.  But I thought I would explain how grown up I am now.

If you look to the right hand side of this blog you will see a brand new icon thingy.  It's called Farmers Wife Quilt Revival Class and apparently Karen Walker who teaches this class for The Farmers Wife quilt, which is something I've wanted to do for ages, is just the best class so what can I lose but a little money?  Nothing.

Almost everyone knows about The Farmers Wife



which I have owned for years and years, and I decided because I can't figure out how to get a scant quarter inch seam on my new machine, what with all the quarter inch feet I've bought for it, I figured better be safe than sorry and have a lot of help.  So I've joined this class (icon to the right) and also a Farmers Wife Board on FaceBook which has all of the templates if you want to stitch your quilt using paper piecing which I really like doing because everything is so perfect this way.

Anyway (that's instead of So) I have downloaded and printed the first 5 blocks from the FB Group and now I'm going to look at the first of 10 or 11 lessons that I have bought from Karen Walker and I'll let you know soon which way I like better.

I've also learned a different way of paper piecing without have to rip the paper off.  It is ingenious!  Just watch and see!!  Now why didn't I think of this first?!?



After I put the above on on here I found a slightly better lessons, that is broken up into two parts, if you want to paper piece (foundation piece).  It's cheaper to do (uses wax paper) and is so easy. Also there is no tearing and you can hear better as the one above is really hard to hear - sorry about that folks and no you aren't going deaf if you listened to the first one!  I just think that Karen takes more time and explains everything that much better, in my humble opinion, but you can make up your own mind.




As you can see I've included Part 2 of Freezer Paper Foundation Piecing (ok paper piecing to the British public).  But it really is the best way. Well I think it is and you can turn any pattern into a paper piecing pattern too.

You'll be delighted to know I'm done for now, so what I will say finally is ....

See you soon (hopefully)

Patricia xxx
American by birth and MOUTH
but British in every other way

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I have the Farmer's Wife book. Have I made it? No. lol! Thanks for that video -- I'm going to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret you are so very welcome. I have another video from YouTube that is actually better. If you would like it just ask and I'll point you in the right direction. Heck I might just add it on here. So come back later and see if I have. Pxxx

      Delete

I absolutely LOVE it when you leave a comment and I read each and every comment and try to reply to you all.
Patti xxx